Punjab Budget: Government to waive loans worth Rs 1,186 cr of 1,13 lakh farmers, Rs 526 cr for landless farmers!!!

0
263
Punjab Budget Government to waive loans worth Rs 1,186 cr of 1,13 lakh farmers, Rs 526 cr for landless farmers!!!
Punjab Budget Government to waive loans worth Rs 1,186 cr of 1,13 lakh farmers, Rs 526 cr for landless farmers!!!

Punjab Budget: Government to waive loans worth Rs 1,186 cr of 1,13 lakh farmers, Rs 526 cr for landless farmers: The Government of Punjab declared on Monday the cancellation of farm loans worth Rs 1,186 crore of 1,13 lakh farmers and Rs 526 crore of landless farmers as Punjab Finance Minister Manpreet Singh Badal introduced the State Budget for 2021-22 to the Assembly. On Monday, Badal submitted to the State Assembly a State budget of Rs 1,68,015 crore for the financial year 2021-22. Outside the Punjab Assembly, SAD and AAP protested against agricultural legislation and rising prices. He also proposed to raise the monthly pension for freedom fighters from Rs 7,500 to Rs 9,400 from 1 April. Badal also declared that it would increase the old-age pension from Rs 750 per month to Rs 1500 per month.

An increase of Rs 21,000 to Rs 51,000 under the Shagun scheme has also been announced. This is the last budget of the government headed by Amarinder Singh. Assembly elections are expected to take place early next year. On Friday, all Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) MLAs were suspended for the remainder of the session due to a vote of thanks by Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh. Meanwhile, SAD today appealed to the CM to deliver on the remaining 15.4% of the poll pledges made to the citizens of Punjab in tomorrow’s budget presentation. Reacting to the CM’s assertion that his government had fulfilled 84.6 per cent of the promises made in the Congressional election manifesto, former Minister Daljit Singh Cheema said that fulfilling the remaining 15.4 per cent promises should be child’s play now.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here