Free Mock Test For Banking – Boats and stream || Check Here!!! Candidates Those who are looking for an offline mock test for a banking exam can use this opportunity; here we are conducting free mock test series for the aspirants who are tried to achieve their goal. We have to provide free mock tests for all banking aspirants on the topic of Boats and streams. Our mock tests are available free of cost. A candidate gets the chance to improve their career.
We are conducting the mock test every Tuesday for banking aspirants. Answers and solution keys will be released Tuesday evening 5 pm. candidates can identify their mistakes sections by practicing our mock test. It’s very useful for banking aspirants. Don’t miss that opportunity. Mock test questions are only standard and the latest concepts. Mock test questions are available here.
BANK PRELIMINARY EXAM – CLASSWORK
BOATS AND STREAM
1.Speeds of a boat along the current and against the current are 14 km/hr and 7 km/hr respectively. What is the speed of boat (in km/hr) in still water?
a) 3.5 b) 7.5 c) 10.5 d) 9.5 e) None of these
2.Speeds of a boat along the current and against the current are 16 km/hr and 12 km/hr respectively. What is the speed (in km/hr) of the current?
a). 1 b) 2 c) 3 d) 4 ne) None of these
3.A boat covers 12 km upstream in 4 hours and can cover the same distance downstream in 3 hours. What is the speed (in km/hr) of the boat in still water?
a) 3.5 b) 3 c) 2.5 d) 2 e)None of these
4.A boatman can row 2 km against the stream in 20 minutes and return in 10 minutes. Find the rate of flow of the current.
a) 2 km/h b) 1 km/h c) 3 km/h d) 5 km/h e) None of these
5.)If a man rows at the rate of 5 kmph in still water and his rate against the current is 3.5 kmph. then the man’s rate along the current is:
a) 5 kmph b) 6 kmph c) 6.5 kmph d) 7.5 kmph e)None of these
6.)A boat took 4 hours to travel 20km upstream. Find the speed of the boat in still water if the speed of the stream is 2 kmph ?
a)5 kmph b) 6 kmph c) 7 kmph d) 8 kmph e)None of these
7.)A boatman goes 2 km against the current of the stream in 1 hour and goes 1 km along the current in 10 minutes. How long will it take to go 5 km in stationary water?
a) 40 minutes b). 1 hour c)1 hr 15 min d) 1 hr 30 min e) None of these
8.The speed of a boat in still water in 15 km/hr and the rate of current is 3 km/hr. The distance travelled downstream in 12 minutes is:
a) 1.2 km b) 1.8 km c) 2.4 km d) 3.6 km e). None of these
9.A man can row at 5 kmph in still water. If the velocity of current is 1 kmph and it takes him 1 hour to row to a place and come back, how far is the place?
a)2.4 km b) 2.5 km c)3 km d) 3.6 km e) None of these
10.A man takes 20 minutes to row 12 km upstream which is a third more than the time he takes on his way downstream. What is his speed in still water?
a)41 km/hr b) 36 km/hr c)42 km/hr d) 45 km/hr e) None of these
11.How long will it take to row 20 km upstream if one can row 10 km in 10 minutes in still water and the same distance in 8 minutes with the stream?
a)12 min b) 13.33 min c) 24 min d) 26.67 min e) None of these
12.A motorboat can travel at 5 km/hr in still water. It travelled 90 km downstream in a river and then returned, taking altogether 100 hours. Find the rate of flow of the river.
a)3 km/hr b) 3.5 km/hr c) 2 km/hr d)4 km/hr e) None of these
13.A boat running upstream takes 8 hours 48 minutes to cover a certain distance, while it takes 4 hours to cover the same distance running downstream. What is the ratio between the speed of the boat and speed of the water current respectively?
a)2 : 1 b) 3 : 2 c)8 : 3 d) Cannot be determined e) None of these
14.Speed of a boat in standing water is 9 kmph and the speed of the stream is 1.5 kmph. A man rows to a place at a distance of 105 km and comes back to the starting point. The total time taken by him is:
a)16 hours b) 18 hours c) 20 hours d) 24 hours e) None of these
15.A man rows to a place 48 km distant and come back in 14 hours. He finds that he can row 4 km with the stream in the same time as 3 km against the stream. The rate of the stream is:
a)1 km/hr b) 1.5 km/hr c) 2 km/hr d) 2.5 km/hr e)None of these
16.A boat travels 60 kilometers downstream and 20 kilometers upstream in 4 hours. The same boat travels 40 kilometers downstream and 40 kilometers upstream in 6 hours. What is the speed (in km/hr) of the stream?
a)24 b)16 c)18 d) 20 e)None of these
17.Speed of a boat is 8 km/hr in still water and the speed of the stream is 2 km/hr. If the boat takes 8 hours to go to a place and come back, then what is the distance (in km) of the place?
a) 24 b) 30 c) 45 d) 42 e) None of these
18.Ravi rows a boat upstream in a river from point A to B in 4 hours. Had the river been still, he could have completed the journey in 3 hours. How much time will it take for Ravi to row the boat from point B to A?
a)2 hour 24 minutes b) 2 hours c)2 hour 48 minutes d) 2 hour 12 minutes
e) None of these
19.A boat can travel 4 km upstream in 15 min. If the ratio of the speed of the boat in still water to the speed of the stream is 9: 5. How much time will the boat take to cover 28 km downstream?
a) 42 min b) 30 min c)36 min d) 44 min e)None of these
20.Mahesh can swim at 20 km/hr in still water. The river flows at 8 km/hr and it takes 8 hours more upstream than downstream for the same distance. How far is the place?
a)168 km b) 152 km c) 140 km d) 124 km e) None of these
21.is 16 km/h, then find speed of boat in still water. (D is the distance covered by boat in upstream and in downstream).
a) 24 km/h b) 30 km/h c) 16 km/h d) 20 km/h e) 18 km/h
22.A Boat takes 96 min less to travel to 72 Km downstream than to travel the same distance upstream. If the speed of the stream is 8 Km/hr. Then Speed of Boat in still water is?
a)32 km/hr b) 20 km/hr c)36 km/hr d) 28 km/hr e) None of these
23.Normal speed of a boat in still water is 4 times the speed of the river. The boat goes upstream from P to Q and takes 4 hrs. By what percent should the boat increase/decrease its speed if it’s required to reach P from Q in exactly 3 hours? a)Increases by 20%
b) Increases by 25%
c) Decreases by 20%
d) Decreases by 25%
e) None of these
24.Two boat are travelling with speed of 36 km/hr and 54 km/hr respectively towards each other. What is the distance (in metres) between the two boats one second before they collide?
a) 10 b) 15 c)25 d) 5 e) None of these
25.A boat takes 26 hours for travelling downstream from point A to point B and coming back to point C midway between A and B. If the velocity of the stream is 8 km/hr and the speed of the boat in still water is 20 km/hr, then find the distance between A to B?
a)284 km b) 212 km c) 336 km d) 198 km e) None of these
26.The speed of a boat in still water is 18 km/hr and the speed of the stream is 3 km/hr. It takes a total 11 hours to row upstream from point X to Point Y and downstream from Point Y to Point Z. If the distance from X to Y is one third of the distance between Y and Z. What is the total distance travelled by the boat (both upstream and downstream)?
a)190 km b)180 km c)210 km d) 170 km e)105 km
27.A Boat takes D hours more to cover a certain distancein upstream than in downstream. If speed of Boat in upstream A Ship of Length 300m traveling from point A to B downstream passes a Ghat along the river in 18 sec, while in return it passes the same Ghat in 24 sec. If the rate of current is 9 Km/hr. Then what is the length of the Ghat?
a)50 m b) 60 m c) 80 m d) 100 m e) Cannot be determined
28. Boat A travels 120 km from P to Q downstream and boat B travels from Q to P upstream. If both the boats starts at 1.00 pm and meets at 2.30 pm and the speed of current is 10 km/hr, then find the sum of the speed of boat A and B
a) 50 km/hr b) 60 km/hr c) 80 km/hr d) 40 km/hr e) Cannot be determined
29.A swimmer swims certain distance downstream is 0.6 times of the same distance in upstream. Find the value of ‘x’ if the speed of boat in still water and speed of stream is x km/hr and 10 km/hr respectively
a)20 km/hr b) 30 km/hr c) 50 km/hr d) 40 km/hr e) None of these
30.A man travels a certain distance (x km) along the stream in 3 hrs and against the stream in 5 hrs. Then find the total time taken to travels x+60 km downstream and upstream if the speed of the stream is 10 km/hr
a)11 hrs 12 min b) 10 hrs 12 min c)12 hrs 20 min d)12 hrs 20 min e)10 hrs 20 min
31.Distance between a point of A and point B in a river is 12 km and the flow of the stream is from A to B. If the speed of the boat is 4 km/h and the speed of the stream is 2 km/h. The boat goes from B to A and then comes back. What is the distance between point A and the boat after 7 hours of travel since the time of starting?
a)2 km b) 3 km c) 4 km d) 6 km e)None of these
32.Two boats A and B start towards each other from two places, 150 km apart. Speed of the boat A and B in still water are 16 km/hr and 14 km/hr respectively. If A proceeds down and B up the stream, they will meet after.
a) 4.5 hours b) 4 hours c) 5 hours d) 6 hours e) None of these
33.A, B and C are situated at the bank of river which is flowing at a constant rate. B is at an equal distance with A and C. A swimmer avinash takes 10 h to swim from A to B and B to A .Also, he takes 4 h to swim from A to C. What is the ratio of speed of Avinash is still water and speed of stream?
a) 5 : 3 b) 3 : 5 c) 2 : 5 d) 1 : 2 e)None of these
34. A swimmer swims from a point A against a current for 10 minutes before he reaches point C and then swims back along the current for next 10 minutes and comes to point B. Ifthe distance between A and B is 200 metres, find the speed of the current (in kmph) :
a)0.6 b) 0.5 c) 0.4 d) 0.9 e) None of these
35. A boat can travel 24 km downstream in 4 hrs less time than it takes to travel the same distance upstream at a certain speed. If its speed is doubled and the speed of stream is tripled then it can travel 14/3 Km distance downstream in 1 hrs less time than it can upstream. Find the speed of stream.
a) 20/3 kmph b)10/3 kmph c)8 kmph d)16/3 kmph e) 4 kmph
36. Two points P and Q are 360 km apart and river flows downstream from P to Q. Two boats A and B start simultaneously from P and Q respectively towards Q an P respectively. The still water speed of A is 25 km/hr and that of B is 15 km/hr. When do the two boats meet if river flows at 5km/hr?
a) 4.5 hours b) 7 hours c)9 hours d) 12 hours e) None of these
37. A cruise ship X is 380 m long and travels at a speed of 32 kmph in still water. Another cruise ship Y which is 180 m long travels at 40 kmph in still water. The two ships pass each other traveling in opposite directions, in a region where the speed of current is 8m/s. How long (in seconds) will it take them to pass each other?
a)42 sec b)28 sec c)35 sec d) 24 sec e) 21 sec
38. At his usual rowing speed, kapil can travel 12 miles downstream in a certain riven in 6 h less than he takes to travel the same distance upstream. But, if he could double his usual rowing speed for his 24 mile round trip, the downstream 12 miles would then take only 1 h less than the upstream 12 miles, what is the speed of the current in mile/h?
a) 2 2 mile/hr b) 3 2 mile/hr c) 5 2mile/hr d)7 2 mile/hr e). None of these
39. Two boats A and B are stationed at two points Q and R on a flowing river. The direction of flow of river is from Q to R. When the boats A and B moved towards each other they met at P, Which is at a distance of 20 m from the point R. When A moves towards B and B moves away from A they met at S which is at a distance of 40 m from the point R. Boat B’s speed in still water is 5 times the speed at which river is flowing. Find the ratio of the speed of boat A to boat B
a) 6:1 b) 8:1 c) 5:1 d) 7:1 e)None of these
40. A and B start swimming simultaneously towards each other from the point P and Q respectively. After 12 hours, they meet each other after that A takes 6 hours 40 minutes more to reach the point Q . What is the ratio of the speed of A in still water to that of the speed of stream if it is given that the direction of flow of the river is from point P to Q and in still water the ratio of the speed of A to that of B is 7 : 5?
a) 7 : 5 b) 35 : 6 c) 49 : 5 d) 42 : 5 e)None of these
Every Tuesday will be conducting the free mock test
Every Tuesday 5 pm will be release the answers and solution key for the mock test series.
Yes, its helpful for the banking exam.